Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thanksgiving in Peru ~2010~

Happy Thanksgiving….I know I’m a little late.

I had one of the best Thanksgivings ever this year, and I wasn’t in my “home” country, or with my family. But I felt so at home and surrounded with love.

On Thanksgiving Day I Skyped with my family in the States. I thought it would be really hard to see everyone at my parents house, but to my surprise it wasn’t instead is was a wonderful blessing. The best part was being able to pray with them! It brought tears to my eyes as I heard my Dad pray, I didn’t realize how much I’d missed praying together as a family until that moment. They were kind enough to NOT eat in front of me, but they did talk about everything they had and all the yummy pie they were about to eat. No one’s perfect I guess : ).

We decided to wait and have our Thanksgiving until Monday the 29th when the boys would be back from working out on the river. Heather invited our DS and his family to join us, so with all of us we had a total of 15 adults, 4 kids, and 2 babies! It was a multi-culture table, with rice , maracuyá juice, and salsa de cocona. We prayed and sang in Spanish and English and we all went around the table and said what we are thankful for. As we were going around the table the DS asked if this holiday was only once a year? I think it’s safe to say that he enjoyed EVERYTHING!!!

So what was/am I thankful for? I’m Thankful for the work God has done in my life over the last year and I’m thankful for the new family he has blessed me with. Although there are times when I’m frustrated with the way things are here, deep down, there is no place I’d rather be. I pray that each of you too can be thankful for all God has given you and find joy in where he has called you…..wherever that may be!

“So I recommend having fun, because there is nothing better for people in this world than to eat, drink, and enjoy life. That way they will experience some happiness along with all the hard work God gives them under the sun.” Ecclesiastes 8:15 (NLT)

See picture’s below!

No comments: